Symptoms of a corrupted SanDisk drive
Here are the signs that your storage drive could be corrupted, or you did one of the above things causing it to malfunction. If you notice any symptoms, consider looking for a SanDisk USB repair tool to solve the problem.
- The flash drive fails to format when connected to a computer. A message asking you whether you want to format the drive pops up.
- The drive displays a write-protected error. This means that you cannot copy, move or access any data stored on the drive.
- The drive displays the RAW file system. It is technically not a standard file system for Windows, so it's not recognizable. That means that you cannot access the data stored on that memory card.
Besides these three signs, you can also receive a message that the USB device you inserted is unrecognised. A repair tool will be useful and make the drive work efficiently again.
How to Sandisk USb repair tool?
The Sandisk repair tool can be helpful in many ways depending on the issue the storage drive has. For example, when a USB drive is locked, an effective way to repair a write-protected SanDisk drive is by sliding the unlock notch to open it. You cannot save data on that disk if it is locked. In case you are using a camera and a message pops up that the SanDisk drive is locked and you need to unlock it with a CMD line, here is what you should do:
- On your PC, click the Start button, type CMD in the empty box below, and press Enter on your keyboard.
- A new window will open where you should type Diskpart and then hit Enter.
- The next step is typing List disk and again pressing Enter.
- Type Select disk in the window that appears, then press Enter.
- Ensure you type 'attributes disk clear read-only', then press Enter to unlock the Pendrive.
How to recover not detected by PC flash drives
For the USB drives that are not detected by the PC, which is a common issue, you can do the following:
- Ensure the USB cable is functional and disconnect it from the PC. Reconnect it once more to see whether it will work this time.
- You can disconnect the cable and restart the computer.
- Install some USB drivers if they are available for SanDisk.
For a storage drive that asks you to format it every time, it would be lucrative to format it just as it asks. Formatting means you will lose all the data stored on that drive or Pendrive. However, a SanDisk usb repair tool download can help you retrieve all that information.
When an 'operation failure' popup appears, you must cancel the entire process of formatting the drive and start over again. If some of your files become thumbnails, the drive is already infected. You must format that USB drive and use the SanDisk formatting software to retrieve the original files.