How to Fix Corrupted Photos for Free
There are many ways with which you can fix corrupted pictures without any problem. You don't have to download any specific software for this. You can just use the tools already built-in the computer to do it. Some of the ways are as follows.
Repairing by command prompt may be a technical way, but it is mostly fail-proof. To restore corrupt images, you have to:
- Go to the Start menu bar and type cmd.
- Right-click on it and open it with the administrator.
- Type in sfc/scan now and hit enter. The scanning will begin, and all the corrupted images will be fixed within a few minutes.
- Then restart the computer.
Another method of using the command prompt is by using the CHKDSK command. For this, you have to:
- Go to the command prompt and open it with the administrator.
- Place all your corrupted images in a flash drive or memory card and insert into your computer.
- In the command prompt, type in CHKDSK (drive letter) /r and hit enter.
- When the process is completed, restart your computer, and the files will be successfully recovered.
- One of the significant reasons for corrupt images may be that the photos have not been properly downloaded from the internet due to errors or a bad internet connection. For this, you can download the files again from the primary source and open them again.
- You can also try to open the corrupted images in the Paint software. If the image successfully opens there, it means that the photo was not corrupted. You will have to rename the file and try to reaccess it.
- A very simple way to recover corrupted images that work most of the time is simply renaming the file while keeping the extension (. jpg, . jpeg, etc.) intact. When you save the file this way and open it again, you will see that the issue has been resolved.
- Sometimes the format in which you are trying to open the image may be faulty. You can try to change the format of the picture using different online or downloadable format converting software. Then the image may open.
- The best support of your computer's memory is the backup files. If your file has been corrupted due to any kind of viruses or malware, consulting the backup folder and recovering your images from there may be the final option.