Photoshop Pencil Sketch Effect
Pencil Sketch Effect Software allows you to convert images to drawings and sketches. You can choose preset options after uploading a photo. Feel free to choose between color and monochromatic sketches. After turning these photos into sketches, you can protect your work by adding a logo or watermark.
How to make a sketch effect in Photoshop?
The easy-to-use and intuitive photo pencil sketch effect software offers several user-friendly benefits. For incredible results, you can select different filters. Using the Pencil Sketch Effect app to create black-and-white and color sketches is easy. Three different styles of conversions are available, such as detailed, classic, sketch, and realistic.
Every style has its particular presets; therefore, it is easy to use every style. It proves helpful to draw incredible sketches from your photographs.
In the first step, open the photograph that you have to convert. If you want to open a photo, select File - Open, select your photograph, and tap Open. Before doing any other modification, you have to check a few things:
Make Important Adjustments
- Photo must be in 8 bits per channel and RGB color style. You can check this by selecting Image - Mode.
- The photo size must be almost 1500 and 4000 px high/wide if you want the best results. You can evaluate this by following the image – then the image size.
- The photo must have a background layer. To create a background layer, select Layer – click on New – Background from the Layer.
- For auto-corrections towards color, contrast, and photo tone, you can choose Image – click on Auto Tone, Image – then click on Auto Contrast, and after that Image – Auto Color
To create a background, you can use an amazing color fill. Open Layer, then click on New Fill Layer – and select Solid Color to generate a solid layer of color fill with the name of Background Color option and then click enter important settings.
Create a Background
- Select normal mode and 100% opacity
- Pick a solid color and adjust the height to 45 degrees and RGB to 214, 205, and 178, respectively.
- These settings may vary as per your editing needs
If you want to create a base photo pencil sketch effect, choose the background layer option, and follow these settings to modify your photograph.
Create Base Sketch
- Open Layer – Click on New – Layer through Copy to duplicate a background layer. You must drag this new layer to make it a top layer in the panel. Hit D on a keyboard to reset swatches. Now select Filter – click on Filter Gallery – click on Sketch – and select Photocopy and select desired options in pop-up windows.
- Change the name of the layer as Base Sketch option and turn a blending mode for Multiply.
To draft a beautiful sketch effect, here are some simple and easy instructions to follow:
Draft Photoshop Sketch Effects
- For draft sketch, open Layer – then click on New – Layer via Copy to replicate a then Base Sketch layer. Choose the L (Lasso Tool) and click anywhere in the canvas and select Free Transform option to increase the height and width by 105%.
- You have to change the name of the layer Large Draft Sketch with 14% Opacity.
- Choose a layer of base photo pencil sketch effect, open Layer – click on New – Layer through the Copy and duplicate the layer named base sketch once again. Choose L Lasso Tool, tap anywhere in the canvas, pick Free Transform option, and reduce the height and width to almost 95%.
- Change the name of this layer to Small Draft Sketch option and set the Opacity of this layer to 14 percent.
You must follow these easy and simple steps for the Photoshop sketch effect.
Generate Rough Sketch Effect
- To draft a beautiful rough sketch, choose background layer option and open Layer – New – Layer via a Copy to replicate a background layer, drag this new layer towards panel’s top. Open Filter – click on Filter Gallery – click on Artistic – Cutout and pick the desired settings.
- Open Filter – click Stylize – Find Edges and go to the option Image – click on Adjustments – click on Desaturate.
- Change the name of this layer to RS_1, choose Color Burn instead of blending mode, and opacity should be decreased to 30%.
- You can use the same method to create many layers of rough sketches. Replicate 1st and 2nd step, but change the settings in the first step. In new settings, the number of levels will be 8, with 6 edge simplicity, and edge fidelity can be 1. You must pick Cutout from the artistic options.
- The name of this layer will be RS_2, and you can change blending mode to Color Burn and decrease Opacity to nearly 25%. Drag it under the first RS_1 layer. You have to be careful about layer order.
- You can continue this process to create different layers, but change settings, Opacity, and color burn in each new layer.
After creating all layers, you must group every rough photo pencil sketch effect layer once the RS_6 layer is designated, Shift-Click on the RS_1 layer to select all layers. Now tap on Layer – click on New – choose Group from Layers to create a group from the selected layers you made and give it the name Rough Sketch.
Photoshop offers filters and plugins to create professional effects. Different Photoshop plugins are available for your assistance. See these simple instructions to download plugins:
Photoshop Sketch Effect Plugins
- Download your desired plugins and extract files.
- Copy plugin files to the plug-ins folder located in software installation Photoshop software.
- Select the Edit menu in Photoshop and go to Preferences-Plug-ins.
- Select the box along with Extra Plugins Folder, choose the Plug-ins folder in the installation folder, and hit OK.
- Extra plugins must appear in Photoshop.
A few plugins must be downloaded and separately installed on a computer. Plugins are available to create beautiful textures and patterns in a few clicks. The seamless plugin features a simple interface and works with Photoshop CC. Layer batch is another plugin for batch processing. It enables you to choose multiple layers instantly. The plugin allows you to save time.
If you want to create a realistic and stunning photo, Photoshop sketch effect action can be a perfect solution. You can add an effective and simple style to a photo for a creative and classic aesthetic. Remember, Photoshop actions will help you to save time. It will be easy to achieve the desired effects on your images.
Photoshop Sketch Effect Action
- Free Photoshop sketch effect actions are available for your convenience. Actions are amazing inventions of creators. It contains different steps for applying particular photo pencil sketch effects to images. You have to download them to Photoshop and use them per your needs. New features allow you to create an action file.
- Moreover, it is easy to download the actions created by others. If you want to create an action, here are some easy steps.
- Tap on the small arrow located on Actions Panel and see a drop-down menu.
- Select New Action from a drop-down menu and it should be named. Tap on the record button from a small panel. You can see different tin panels containing play, stop, record, and other buttons.
- Perform all manipulations to create new effects and add new image filters.
Stop recording once you get satisfying results. Tap on the panel's Stop button. Moreover, you can hit the record button once again if you are ready to record. Play your recorded action to see if things are working well.