How to Overlay a Picture on a Video in iMovie
iMovie is an image overlaying application designed specifically for Apple. This is one of the applications of the iLife media suites. The main purpose of this application is to add video overlay effects by adding watermark logo on your video. This will allow the users to name their videos and save them from being stolen by others.
To use the watermark adding feature of the iMovie, the users need to allow the application to make changes in the video. This can be done by giving permission in the iMovie’s settings options.
Using the application is really easy and convenient. You just need to follow a few simple steps and you will be able to add watermarks to your video within a few minutes.
- Open the iMovie application and then go the menu bar. From there, select the Preferences option.
- A separate window will pop up from which you will select the Show Advanced Tools option. After that, close the window.
- From the menu bar, go to the File option and then select the Import Movies option. An options window will pop up from where you can select the output format. After selecting, click on the Import button. The video will be uploaded to the Event Timeline.
- From the event timeline, drag the selected video and put it in the Project Library window.
- Select the logo or watermark that you want to add in the video.
- You will be given a menu window. From there, choose the Picture in Picture option that will add the overlay effect on the video.
- After that, you can adjust the time interval in which you want the watermark to appear.
- Resize the overlay image or adjust its position if you want.
- After you are satisfied with the result, go to the menu bar and select the Share option.
- It will allow you to save your output video in the desired location.
- After clicking, your video will be downloaded and saved.